HybridZ

swap question 4speed datsun vs automatic chevy

i currently have a 1971 240z and i am getting ready to swap the datsun motor for a chevy 350. my 240z has a 4speed manual trans in it right now. what shifter will i need for the conversion to the 700r4 trans? should i look for a auto shift lever and linkage from another Z? if yes, what years will work in my 1971 240z? will an aftermarket shifter work (like a B&M shifter)? i know that there are alot of V8 conversions out there and i was just wondering what other people are using?

any help would be great

PS i did a search and didnt find much info on this topic.......if you know of a thread here that addresses this, please post the link

thanks

I have the stock Z auto shifter in my Z. The only fabrication that was needed was to extend the shifter bar that attaches form the shifter to the tranny. I have a TH350, but I don't think that makes a difference. I like the stock look. When I finally set the motor back all I think I will have to do is shorten the bar.