HybridZ

Is Rising Rate FPR redundant with standalone?

HeatRaveR

I get the general concensus that a Rising Rate FPR is a pretty good mod, especially to help out with fuel delivery in the higher rpms. What I'm wondering is, if I go with a standalone, like Megasquirt, would a RR FPR no longer be necessary since the standalone is also controlling fuel delivery (presumably by keeping the injectors open longer)? Specifically, I'm thinking in terms of a mildly modded L28ET. Or would the stock Turbo injectors still not be able to keep up with fuel delivery at higher rpm unless fuel pressure were higher?

basically a rising rate fpr is a crutch for people that cant change the programming on their car.they are usually included in bolt on supercharger kits.its much more accurate to use a wb02 and a good standalone efi system.heard they help out on l28et with oem efi system if you want to run more boost though.if you know what you afr is you have less chance of damaging an engine under boost.

A RRFPR will cause havick when trying to tune a car with a standalone. Like others mentioned, stick with the stock or a regular adjustable fpr if you feel the need since you're not going to be using the oem fuel management