HybridZ

How fast was he/she going?

BrandonsZ

I still think the scene is fake.

Certain agencies will fake these scenes for practice exercises.

As for the airborn theory, it makes sense that based on the bark removed from the primary impact tree that it would look like the parts might have been airborn but the door is clamped pretty tightly to the base of the tree and the bark is still in place. Even if the car had been airborn when it hit the tree the two largest sections would not drop straight vertically out of the air and have no horizontal momentum left, they would slide or roll a short distance after hitting the ground.

My basic arguement with the scene is that it's entirely to neat and tidy to be a real accident. Emergency response teams will stage these things for practice sessions and thats what I think this is.

Wheelman

I doubt the "practice scene" theory. I can only imagine medical teams excercise extraction of wounded from a vehicle. They would use tools to cut the door frame and practice getting people out of a car, and that's all they need to practice with a crashed car. To wrap a door around a tree or put an engine block on the ground at the practice site should not contribute to medical emergency response training.

One might say this is a test site for crash forensics where they re-enact a crash at the original site using pieces found at the original crash. If this is true then why would there be an ambulance? Could it be a joint training between medical response team and the forensics team? Question is do they have the need to. Forensics investigation is not an emergency response team, they don't need to be present with the medics, so there isn't a need for these two to train together.

I am no crash forensics, I can't tell if this scene is real or not. If someone say this scene is real, I wouldn't doubt it because a friend of mine crashed in his BMW and the scene is bizzare. His BMW broke into not two pieces but three pieces. Because it is so rare that a car will break into 3 pieces in a crash, BMW actually sent engineers to investigate the crash.

Can't say the ground is undisturbed, look at the giant branch(with green needles), broken branches(no needles), and pine cones under the impact tree(the one with door wrapped around). Those stuff came from above. Look at other area of the scene, none has this much broken branch or cones, not to mention a large broken branch with green needles on it.

The only part of the car capable of digging a gouge is the front section(the rear end is trailing) If you look at pic 13 you'll see the broken frame is bent from wrapping the tree so there's no sharp edge to dig with.

The car could really have been "airborne" or at least has lower g force because the road is built higher than the rest of the terrain(to drain rain from the road), when the vehicle leave the road with speed and enters the forest it should have reduced force acting on the ground. From the looks of it the soil looks pretty dense and dry too, not the muddy type that can change shape easily.

The scene is more real when you find a CD that seperated from its case.

CD case : lower right corner of pic13(and others) with booklet somewhat out of the transparent case

CD disk : pic 11, lower left

There is also a piece of glass : pic 3, lower left

C'mon, it's REAL!