HybridZ

Introduction + 300zx swap guide ?

Guest cingham

Guest cingham

Hi all new to the fourm, long time reader on Torque central and someone introduced me over to this site when i popped the question of a LS1 in a 300zx. Glad they did looks like a lot of information to be obtained here.

I was reading an old post about a step by step how to on the 300zx LS/LT conversion. Only problem is that the post was from 2 years ago and the person posting I don't think has been on this board for a lon time. I see a lot of 240's, and have almost gone through every 300zx LT/LS1 post.

Does anyone know if this instruction manual is still in existance? or lost over the last 600 days?

Another question i have about this swap is where is the drive line from? modified 300zx shorten and balanced?

I look forward to reading more here....god knows this is gonna be cheaper then a 93 RX-7

Guest tigpro

I have a 86 300zx and i had the same problem. but i can tell you a little about my swap to 350/700r4, on mine i had to cut the tunnel on the pass side to allow the tranny lines and servo cover to fit.then i had to cut the oilpan so the crossmember would work in the stock location. other than that it is straight forward. i made my engine mounts with 5/16 mild steel plate to fit clamshell type mounts and then for the bottomside i made it with 1-1/2 square tubing welded to the crossmember. good luck.