HybridZ

Heating prob

Chaparral2f

Since I have no idea where to post this, this seemed like the place.

I bought a Zenon air dam for my Z31. Although I'm not overjoyed with the installation, it looks better than the old front.

Here's the problem. After I got the air dam on I went for a drive and the car really heated up. I intend to build a duct from the grill opening to the radiator but haven't done it yet. Could the improvment in aerodynamics keep the air out from under the car lower the airflow to the radiator enough to make it over heat? I was thinking that perhaps the air passing through the grill opening is being pulled under the car and away from the radiator. On the other hand, its been really hot around here and perhaps it is just the weather. (Its been around a hundred degrees for a while)

thanks

Joe

Hot...........Take the car out at 5:00 AM to rule out the 90+ weather we are having. There is a shield that 280 Z's have on the front frame rails to the engine to confine the air from the fan and grille area to the engine. If this is missing..you can have overheating on hot days. I should have an extra one of these shields. These shields prevent the cooler air from going under the engine. These shields were often not replaced because the bolts holding them broke off in removal.