HybridZ

V8.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

ive got a 85 300zx turbo and im thinking about doing swap with a v8 and my stock 6. Well, i was thinking if a v-8 could even fit in there, without any HUGE mods like frickin extending the front or whatever. i was actually considering going with a mustaing 5 liter but does anyone know how much horse and torque one of those have anyway? as for engine mounts, or welding new ones, thats not a problem.

ANother thing. WHile im at it, i want to stick a manual tranny insted of my auto right now. Any suggestions for transmisisons?

thanks again smile.gif.

someone here has a 5.0 in a z. i don't know about a z31, though. might want to ask in the ford forum.

in terms of power, you can have just about any amount you want, if you've got the cash. anything from the lowest stock 170hp, up through 300 or more, are very reasonable, i believe.

as for transmission, that depends on how much power the engine puts out. if you keep it to 300 or so, a t5 would be just fine. if you put much more than that, you might want to go for a t56. or you could just go with the t56 anyway, for the extra gear smile.gif