HybridZ

turbo swap help please

Guest znow white

Guest znow white

Hey guys im in the middle of my swap or the end actually Im using the turbo swap write up but im not understanding the wording. so imy questions are

the efi wires need to be a 12 + v switched power (blue w/ red, black, white, green i think? ) can i run them from the starter because the headlightsand all of that wiring for the car is run from one single white wire on the starter if not where should i run them. also these wires have to be fused right? what amperage of fuse should i use? there is also a brown and green wires does that power the computer? in the write up it says constant power 12 v + does that also need a fuse? in the write up it says the ignition wire to the coil is yellow in my harness plug there is about 3 yellow wires~!~~? another thing troubling me is grounds say for example the fuel pump or coil do i ground it to the car frame or does it ground to the harness somewhere? btw this is for 240z

thanks

moe

Guest znow white

So PrOxLaMuS, is it a good idea to run another 3 to the same wire?! i just dont want to blow the ecu or fry the harness. err this is frustrating its the end of summer and i want to drive

well... i would recommend replacing the main wire from the starter with a much bigger and thicker wire.. so the 12v can be evenly spread out..

but running 7 small 12v wires out of the starter (4 to the fusible links, and 3 to your choice).. i'm not 100% sure about.. i would definatly buy a small inline fuse inbetween where you split off the 3 wires... just to make sure in case of an overload or something.. it will blow the fuse and not your ECU.