HybridZ

240sx LSD swap into 280zx...

Guest unique280

Guest unique280

Ok so i found a bunch of 240 sx with LSD's and was wondering if any would bolt up to my 79 280zx ? I was sort of lucky by my car already coming with an R200 stock but now I want an LSD and was wondering if certain years will bolt up and if so which ones and what shoud I look for? I do have access to the whole rear end from hubs to calipers and everything else that is on it.Hopefully if I can get a response soon so that I may pick one up on sunday. If I pick more than one up is anyone interested in one if so let me know. Thanks

The 240SX LSD is a "viscous" type or VLSD. The 280ZX uses a "long-nose" R200 and the 240SX uses a "short-nose" R200. Depending on which R200 you have in the 280ZX, you may not be able to use anything. If you have the later 12mm bolt carrier (that was used on laeter 300ZX Z31's) you could use the viscous carrier and convert your 280ZX diff to a VLSD. Not the most desireable LSD but it is good for general street use.