HybridZ

Could be the end to all the "ford 9 inch rear" questions

Guest Phil1934

I looked at their offering when it came out, but went with another body and much narrowed Jag rear. I did not like the short leaf springs. It might ride like a truck. And I wonder about the quality of the springs as trailer offerings are not nearly the quality of auto springs. Further if you need that size rubber will springs alone handle the torque or will you have to add Cal Tracs or slappers?

It`s the same suspension they use for thier Pro T car which is basicly a street legal race car. The wishbone connector mounted from the frame to the rear is adjustable for track conditions so no bars or conventional leafspring traction devices are needed.

The springs are short and would probably give a hard ride. But my thinking behind all the 9" questions are for dragracing purposes.

A friend of mine bought a t-bucket kit from them and was very happy with the quality of the kit he bought. I have trailer springs in the back of my truck right now for a future project from a 3000lb boat trailer and there is no way they could be subsituted for automotive use, so I think trailer springs are not an issue here.

To me it looks like a good kit with a fair price. comes with everything even a a narrowed 9" rear and axles. Add brakes and a center section and hit the track.

Mark