HybridZ

85' 300zx won't rev past 1.8k rpm

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

i'm trying to diagnose a 300zx (85'), i was told that the ECU isn't getting a signal from the MAF, and that that is why it won't rev past 1.8krpm..

this is a 300zx turbo, automatic, 1985 yearmodel... figured i'd post up in here and see if anyone else had any ideas before i started tinkering w/ it.

Sounds like your car is in limp home mode. Check Afshin's post on fitting Z31 MAF to L-28 it gives wire colors and computer pin numbers. Mine turned out to be wired incorrectly the MAF wasn't getting +12v on ignition. Send me message if you still can't figure out. Check and clean connections first then check continuity of wires, then think about new MAF sensor.

Guest 73Turbo240z

it's kinda irrelivant now, i'm just gonna put the car up for sale and let someone take a crack at it, i don't have time to fiddle with it.

so stay tuned to the for sale forums... one cherry condition 300zx body w/ some engine work needed will soon be there...