HybridZ

running on less than 6 cylinders?

mnelson260z

Hey guys,

So me and Forrest started tackling the lean condition Moby's 240z was getting under cruise and sometimes under idle. It seems the IAT sensor wires were getting knocked loose--MSnS readouts immediately confirmed this as the IAT was going crazy across the board. So for now it's duct taped in there. Gonna go get a GM pigtail later on today but for now it's steady and reads the right temp (90-102f).

I went to put gas in it after Forrest headed out (because we felt this had fixed the problem) and it felt like my 260 had felt when one of the carbs disabled itself somehow. Running on only 3 cylinders or whatever--and started getting REALLY lean @ idle. I put 7gal of 93octane in the tank too. If you throttle it you can hear that it's not working on all cylinders.

Now, the JSK rail (definitely not fond of) is leaking a bit @ the #1 injector and maybe another (Moby warned me of the #1 before i took off from his place in CO).

Gonna pull the plugs after work today and check them, it was too dark last night and I don't have a workspace to speak of. I'll keep updating but for now the car's parked outside my house just sitting and I really need it to run (not to mention no more boost after less than a week of having it makes me get all depressed :( ). I'm at ends trying to figure out what would be causing this. You guys have any suggestions whatsoever on where to start?