HybridZ

My new fuel setup

trwebb26

I've recenly posted about my woe's with my "new" Z's fuel issues. In short... I have a rusty tank, cracking fuel lines, broken vent lines, and a pump that doesn't pump. The solution - all new fuel system.

- I'm going to take my tank to have it renu'd next monday. They will be putting in a 1/2" pickup tube and a larger 3/8" return in the process.

- I've purchased the GSL392 Walbro external fuel pump (with AN fittings for the ends of it).

- I've purchased 20' of -6 AN braided stainless steel line (summitracing.com)

- I'm going to purchase the Aeromotive 1000-6 fuel pressure regulator

- I'm going to purchase the JSK fuel rail

With all the fittings and stuff - it ain't cheap... but I'll never have to mess with it again (until I have to buy injectors).

I'm going to run -8 AN braided stainless to A fuel filter.

Then -8 AN braided stainless to the fuel pump.

Then -6AN braided stainless to the next fuel filter

Then to the rest of the system (return line will be -6, too).

What filters do you reccommend before the fuel pump and after it??? I've done some pretty extensive searching on the subject. Can you use the same filter in both places (as long as it is a high-flow fuel injected one)??? Where do you mount all of this crap?

On a side note - do you guys just take out the "cold start injector"? How do you plug up the intake?

Thanks!

Tim

EDIT: What does a pallnet fuel rail cost?