HybridZ

whats your advice on this guys...

Guest ON3GO

Okay..

so lately ive been thinking, yes thats a bad thing lol.

I started a website (building it now) that will caiter to people who are looking to buy oldschool/vintage/rare parts for older imports. ill be buying and selling, also making custom turbo/NA parts for Z's and any other car i can get my hands on.

i want to do cars that dont have many parts out there for them but still have a following. I dont want to make TONS of money on this, heck i know i wont but i figure im young enough to give it my hardest and its what i love.

figure if it works out then great, if not then atleast i tried.

I dont want to take away buisness from members on this site at all, so if i can help them out then awesome! im just that type of person.

now... the big question.

Datsun Roadster or Toyota Corona?

Roadster has abit of parts out there and etc but i love them and deff wanna own one lol.

Corona... rare car really, as there hard to find, atleast in good shape. has a following but not the biggest one. figure might as well get one and do my thing to it now before it gets big like every other old import car as done lately.

if i do this i gotta part my ways with my Rabbit, which i dont wanna do but im not in to far with it which ill loose money on so im okay... do wanna get another one soon though!

whats your thoughts guys? think its worth it?

mike

You're right, you are young and what the hell. I say do it. But first make sure you write up a good business model and make sure there is a market for what you are doing. Buy the car first and test what you will do first on it and then offer them to the public. You will be out minimum cash and you'll have fun making the car faster and handle better. Once you have the parts and the market then go and get a business license and insurance. Save those for the last since it might not pan out and it will be less money spent.

Good luck

i had a 510 but sold it awhile back..

i wouldnt mind finding some parts for them and selling them, but they already have a BIG market for them. which is good and bad, as pretty much everything for them is out there and everybody sells stuff for them.

same thing with the AE86....

mike