HybridZ

adapting oil feeds.... L28ET to a Holset HY35w

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

Alright i've been wrestling w/ this setup for the past week trying to get my oil line fabbed so i can install my freaking engine. Heres where i'm at.

On the block side the threading is british standard thread @ the oil supply tap, my local hydrolics shop couldn't get anything to match up with it...

On the turbo side of things a quick trip to home depot yielded that the supply feed hole is a M12 x 1.5, this seems a very odd thing for a turbocharger...

Thus my predicament thickens... I've located pre-fab brained -4an supply lines w/ -4an female fittings on them i can get, so i need to find adapters or options to make this work, looking for some ideas.

As it sits my idea for the oil tap @ block was to get a -4an male fitting and weld it too the oil tap since the female tap has a surface area that looks like it would be easy enough to tac and then mig shut (w/ shielding gas of course).

At the oil feed to the turbo is where things get tricky, i can't seem to find adapters for M12 x 1.5 to -4an, or any real hollow oil type fitting in a M12 x 1.5 setup... really really looking for ideas there... is there another thread setup that is similiar or close to that that could word as an interference fit? Or perhaps w/ a copper washer?