HybridZ

Transmission is making grinding noises when...

olie05

Today, I did a pretty hard launch in my car from 3000rpms. It was a good launch and all, but afterwards I noticed that the grinding sound I usually hear only in 4th or 5th gear was happening in all gears and anytime the clutch was let out. I think I already posted about this before, but it didn't sound as loud. If anyone wants to hear it I can send you a "media message" on your cell phone since I don't know how to upload a cell phone recorded thing.

this sound is louder than my engine on the recording I took of it, so that should give you a pretty good idea of why this has become post-worthy (to me at least) Tomorrow I will get the oil changed and see if that makes any diffference, because I have a suspicion that it may be low gear oil. I'm crossing my fingers that that will fix it :/

anyone want to tell me what they think is going on in the tranny?

ok here is an update with more info.

I took the car to xpress lube to have the gear oil drained, a flush, and refill. There were big metal shards on the magnetic drain plug, three to be exact with the average size about, 1" x 1/16" x 1/14". The oil that came out was completely metallic. I'm going to get another transmission this week and replace the old one sometime next weekend. I hope this fluid change will help it make it for the next week that I have to commute. (i'm staying off the freeways)

-Oliver