HybridZ

LS1 in a Z32

This is the only info I'm aware of:

"Well as far as the manual...its $40 plus $2.50 shipping. Let me know if you want it in CD format or in a hard copy/binder. To order it you simply need to contact me. I accept Paypal, money orders, and cashier's checks.

The manual covers everything you could possibly need in the conversion. If you are not able to weld, i give dimensions for all of the motor mounts, crossmembers, etc so that a welder can build you a them. I may consider having a shop here do the welding for you but i woudl need your stock cross members (tranny and motor) as well as you tranny (LS1 crossmember). The price would be significantly higher if we went that route. As shipping a chunk of metal and welding it here woudl be more than a manual itself. The manual is written in "layman's" terms so long as you have worked on a car before and know what common tools and parts are called. If you follow the directions carefully you will have a LS1 powered 300ZX :0) The manual also has MANY more very detailed pictures to help you along in the project.

In my conversion, i went with the 4L60E automatic tranny found stock on f-bodies. The manual also covers if you wish to run with the 6-speed T56. It is a fairly bolt on project. the only major job you will need to do...is widen your tranny tunnel. I give you all the dimensions you would need to do this as well. Once again, if you decide that you woudl rather have a shop out here do the welding...let me know and we can work something out. If you have any questions, contact me at swmmr4u@aol.com or btschwa@sandia.gov

Let me know!!!"