HybridZ

New Torque Converter for 700R4 on the way

Belvedere

So far my Z has run a best of 13.06 with a tired 350TPI (one cylinder has 70lbs all the others have 130-140lbs of pressure), and a 700R4 tranny. I have 3.45 gears in a R180 single spin. The R200 with 3.90s is in the garage waiting for the inevitable to happen. Still the motor is completely stock, just headers and a K&N filter. I talked with Marty Chance of Chance Racing Converters and he told me about a new converter they had designed and put in his Camaro. It went from 14.88 to 13.75 with only the converter change, but (you knew there was a "but") this 9.5" converter is a Lock-up design. So when you hit high gear, you still get gas milage on the highway. He said that being 9.5" made it much lighter and frees up some HP. It stalls to 2800 and flashes to 3200. This seems like the best of both worlds to me. I hope to have it in before the track closes for the year. I'll let you know how it works out.

Wheels Up!

PB