HybridZ

where to buy forged rods?

Schlasken

I know others may have opinions on eagle contrary to mine, but when buying aftermarket forged rods, eagles are on the bottom of the list. Talk to some engine builders in your area and you'll probably hear the same thing....as far as ones available for your engine, I can't help you out on that.

Guest JAMIE T

^^^^^

I agree, sort of.

For 500-600 hp motors(talking generally here, not RB26 specifically) Eagle makes a fine connecting rod. I have run them in my Mustang 351W (NMRA SSO) to close to 750hp on nitrous. I never had any problems and sold the engine still in good shape. But, for my '26 of which is very hard to replace if it blows up, I'm gonna hold-out for Crower billet rods when the funds allow.

Guest JAMIE T

I looked on SDU's website and signed up also. I could't find any info on the rods except a guy was selling some. He didn't list the part number though. It's kinda funny, about 9 months ago I sent an email to Eagle suggesting they make rods for RB26's and never got a reply. Maybe they had already started the project, or maybe I started them thinking about it. Since I said I would hold out for Crower's, I would consider going Eagle if the price was right. Shouldn't be more than about $600 US.