HybridZ

Electric windows and powerlocks.

pjo046

I was thinking that perhaps I should add electric windows and powerlocks to my 240Z. Is this a difficult thing to accomplish? Many here who has done it?

Not sure if I would like to retain the locks or make it keyless. Is the quality of the universal stuff any good? (Will it be like modern factory equipped powerlocks and electric windows, or more like an amateursetup?)

Will these two things add alot of weight to the car?(I am trying to keep it as lightweight as possible, yet I want as much comfort I can get at the same time. Hehe)

Also, I have been thinking about getting a painless wiring harness or something. But I don't know if I need it or not. I mean, all engine management will be controlled by the Electromotive TEC3. And that can also controll the electric fan and the fuel-pump. But I am swapping all the gauges for autometer ultralights, and if I add powerlocks, electric windows and a decent stereo, then the new wiring harness idea might be a good thing? Or will I manage with the stock harness, trying to modify it(For the gauges mainly, the rest I can wire separate)? If so, I'll for sure need some help from some of you guys here, as wiring and such isn't my strongest abillity. :-)