HybridZ

R32 GTR rear diff and shafts

S15 200sx owner

Finally picked up my new rear end on the weekend, i got the clutch type LSD R200 from the back of a R32 GTR skyline, complete with the half shafts and monster CV's and also the rear hubs/bearing assemblys/drive flanges etc. I picked up all these bits for only NZ$700 from a guy parting out his GTR.

I will be building new rear hubs/struts much like Jamie T has done, so i can utilise GTR hubs with the monster GTR outer CV joint going thru them, to get rid of the puney stock z stub axles, i will have to shorten and respline the standard GTR drive shafts, but this shouldnt be a problem. This swap will also yield me the GTR 5 lug flanges.

Should all make for a pretty tough rear end.

Hi, I am also looking at doing something similar to this with r33 skyline rear diff, axles and hubs, by modifying the s30 rear hubs to allow the skyline hubs to bolt on.

I am checking this with my engineer to see what he thinks.

It will be good to see what you do with yours.

Rob

Hi' date=' I am also looking at doing something similar to this with r33 skyline rear diff, axles and hubs, by modifying the s30 rear hubs to allow the skyline hubs to bolt on.

I am checking this with my engineer to see what he thinks.

It will be good to see what you do with yours.

Rob[/quote']

Hey rp, have you seen Jamie T's rear hubs?

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=100758

Quote; Hey rp, have you seen Jamie T's rear hubs?

Yes I have seen them, they are amazing. I am hoping to use part of the original hub housing casting, machine part of it away ( approx 8mm from the back to clear the cv axles) and from the front 22mm back from the back plate flange, then weld in a 12mm plate to mount the new rear hubs to.

I would also have to put in some bracing from the hub housing to the strut tube.

If my engineer doesn't like this I will look at doing some thing like Jamie T.

Rob

Quote; Hey rp' date=' have you seen Jamie T's rear hubs?

Yes I have seen them, they are amazing. I am hoping to use part of the original hub housing casting, machine part of it away ( approx 8mm from the back to clear the cv axles) and from the front 22mm back from the back plate flange, then weld in a 12mm plate to mount the new rear hubs to.

I would also have to put in some bracing from the hub housing to the strut tube.

Rob[/quote']

Must be something in the name ;)

I'm doing something very similar myself, or rather the slowest machine shop in the UK is, they've had the plans and parts for months now, unfortunately they have started work on at least one hub so there's not much point in me telling them to forget it now, very annoying though.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote; Hey rp' date=' have you seen Jamie T's rear hubs?

Rob[/quote']

Rob x 2, please keep us updated on the progress with altering the stock hub to adopt in the CV hubs.

This may be an easier route for me to take as well.

Cheers guys.

Clint T

• 2 weeks later...

i remember readin in a hot4 mag or zoom or something import like that, which had a 240 with a r34 na nEO installed with a R33 rear subframe and axels installed, and he said it was pretty easy job.... i'll try find the writeup in one of the mags

Guest JAMIE T

EZ, yes, If it was a 240SX or in your neck of the woods, Silvia.

I haven't messed with mine in a month or so. I've been too busy working on my new house. Hopefully this winter will allow me some time to get back on it. I'm tired of the car being jacked up in the air anyway.