HybridZ

Has anyone used EDIS?

badjuju

I'm still confused about what route i should go with on my ignition. I've got an 81 turbo... TonyD mentioned using EDIS, I'm now looking into it. Should I pursue this or just go with a new dizzy? I know I could do the rotating disk trick that Tony came up with, but my engine isn't pulled and I'd rather buy a new dizzy than go through the pita of doing that without the engine out of the car.

I had a '81zxt and I couldn't get it to work (probably bad CAS) so I'm using the '76 VR distributor from my old motor, so far so good. The turbo distributor is keyed opposite of the N/A so I just flipped the cap so #1 is to the inside. I also am using v3 pcb which can take a VR input for the tach, not sure which you have.

So far so good, I used a trigger angle of 70+22.5 and it fired up last night.

1. what does VR mean?

2. I have version 2.2, and can you explain PWM to me? or what i need to do to get around the flyback circuit failing... as well as perhaps what the flyback circuit is? I stopped reading about MS for like 3 months, and I don't remember anything about flyback circuits... Bought the board and stopped reading about it because of lack of time, and now I feel like i'm in the dark.