HybridZ

Where to find doorhandle linkage for a 70-76 z?

Guest TegRacer324

Guest TegRacer324

I need the linkage for the doorhandle that goes from the actual handle to the latch. VB sells it for the 74-78 2+2 and the 280z, but no 70-76 240 coupe. What do you guys think would be the best bet? Look around here and ebay or email VB or zbarn or someone? or just try to make it? Shouldn't be an expensive part, just sucks they don't have it. I thought about trying to take a control rod from an RC plane and bending it like the other one. Only problem I have is what is actually going to push down on the latch. I was thinkin two bolts, but that would mean I'd need the rod length to be pretty exact.

I can't remember the exact details, but mine was kinda buggered up/and or missing when I got my car. I know I ended up finding a B210 or 210 in the wrecking yard. I know I had to make some slight modification, but I did end up getting it to work well. Just a thought, if you happen to be able to find any old Datsun in the wreckers.