HybridZ

rb25

Guest speedstar

Guest speedstar

does anyone know exactly what turbo comes on a rb25det engine?

ive heard t3,t28...........

i would like to know as much about it as possible as im planning an upgrade and would like to know what im replacing

and yes i searched

Guest JAMIE T

I'm not going to even start with you on this...

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=101943&highlight=rb25det+turbo

About halfway down is THE anwser to your question. The thread is basically quite similar to what you're asking.

See, I can be a nice guy. Instead of me flaming you again, I simply did the search FOR YOU. See, I'm a swell guy.

Specifically "chftrd" AKA Motorworx, AKA Matt Hutchins, AKA knower of all things RB, specifically states the RB25 is T3 flanged.

Guest speedstar

i am asking if anyone knows the turbo specs not what flang it has i know it has a t3 flang i would like to know what size it is i.e a/r , compressor trim ......

Guest JAMIE T

Oh sorry, I don't know that. All I know is they are terds that fly apart at anything over 11psi due to the ceramic turbine and plastic compressor wheels. That's just what I heard. My RB26 came with ceramic wheeled turbos and I was advised to keep it under 14 psi for the same reason. It did make 400rwhp though. I said hell with that, and bought HKS GT2540's for it. Twins ya know.

im only going for about 300whp so 12-14 psi should def get me that .

The stock turbo should be fine for that power range. just get some cams and a boost controller the stock bottom end and head will hold up just fine. 240Z Master is documenting a full install into an S30, you may want to pm him to get more info.

http://www.livesockets.com/quoc/rb