HybridZ

Castlemaine Shop Mounts

tonycharger72

• 3 weeks later...

tonycharger i called them about about 6 months ago and asked them about these mounts, they said they were pretty sure it would convert the L series to any of the RB Series blocks(RB20 - RB30). I also asked about the motors mounting location ie: if it was any more further forward / back / up / down and they said it mounted in exactly the same place as the L series.

I've been meaning at ask how the 1JZ conversion went because theres a 260z 2+2 restoration project for sale not too far from here, and i know you can get stall converters and shift kits for the 1JZ Auto's that work well. Would make a nice straight line machine.

I ended up ditching it and am putting in an RB30 instead, hence the original question,

If you measure from the back of where the GB crossmember mounts on a Rb30 with a 5spd to the front of the engine mounts its approx 108cm's,

From the Datto crossmember to the back of the gb mounting ears inside the tunnel it is approx 102cm's,

So its probably not all that great that the CRS mounts put the RB30 in exactly the same location as the L-Series, still have to fabricate a new gearbox crossmember - but i am trial fitting it over the next couple of days, ill share how it goes,