HybridZ

air sheild from hot air... idea. pic inside.

Guest ON3GO

Okay i built something just like this tonight because i was bored and i cant finish my Z as im waiting for some damn oil pump bolts.

anyways the red is the sheild.. it blocks off hot air coming from the radiator..

now my idea is it should now suck air in from under the car as the sheild goes all the way to the bottom of the radiator. it should get colder air too.

am i wrong on this?

will this just take air away from getting to the turbo?

sorry for the crappy paint pic.

sheld.JPG

yah or nay..

mike

i have a small HKS filter right off the turbo.

i didnt want to bring the filter itself down real low cuz the car itself is low and im afriad ill suck up water and etc.

so thats why i thought of this air sheild thingy,

mike

Is there enough room to get the pipe out front of theintercooler and radiator in your application? I like your idea, but would you have to make the shield seal against the hood to get the air to suck up in there, and would you be robbing the appropriate air running across the turbo that helps cool things down?

air sheild goes below the intake manifold.. and runs from there to the bottom of the radiator..

doesnt even go near the hood.

its so it blocks out the hot air from the radiator.

mike

manifold is heat wrapped and also coated.

so that should be good for that..

theres really no room for a filter and piping to go infront with the fmic.. thats why i thought of this.

mike

you should have enough room to run some sort of "fresh air" pipe. Like a brake duct, and not part of the intake system directly, just something that directs fresh air on to your hks air filter. I say use something like that in conjunction with your heat shield, becuase your heat shield is not going to suck up any air (the angle is too steep).