HybridZ

L28 help

Guest mechanic-man

Guest mechanic-man

Hi guys how r yaz? great site:2thumbs:. anyways im from australia and hopeing to get either a Datsun/Nissan 240Z or 260Z. (but i have been told to get a Datsun/Nissan 1600.)

neways as i have read, so people have a L28 engine. now im not sure if its one the americans have or whatever, but i would like to find out alot more on the L28's. I have found a couple of pictures but thats all, and from the look of the pictures the L28 looks like a strait six (but.. it has a twin turbo onit, one small one on the front and then a larger one at the back. do thease come standard or not?) any ways any information would very handy. thanks alot guys

Cheers Ben-o.

I would go with the 240Z but then again I am predjudice. The guys on this site can give you way more detail about L28 Engines than I can, but in general the L28 looks just like an L24 which came in the 240Z. Somebody correct me if I am wrong but Datsun associated the 240, 260 and 280 names with the size of their engines. Example: 240Z Engine is 2.4 Liters, 2400 CC etc. The 260 and 280 are larger engines in the same series which followed the 240Z. The twin turbo is not a stock setup as a single turbo is all that was offered on an L series engine. I am new to the site myself so again somebody correct me if I am wrong.

A wealth of information can be found on this site by using the search function. Almost any variation of engine and induction system has been discussed on the site. There are some very helpful and knowledgeable people that can help you. Best luck with whatever you choose to build.

The L24, L26, L28 are "generally speaking" are the same block, its just that the cylindars are bored different sizes/strokes. Which is best is arguable. Only the 280zx came with a turbo version from the factory. The twin turbo (sequencial turbos as you discribed) are deffinitly a aftermarket/custom job.

As for bodies goes; if you want the car for lightness, ge a 240z; if you want a car for rigitity get a 280z or 280zx.

the 280zx is heavier than the 280z but the 280z is heavier than the 240z.

I would say get anyone rust free, that is a must. If I had to choose I would get a 240z, you can always put a roll cage in later, but some of the parts that need to be replaced might not be as easy to find.

Guest mechanic-man

Thanks fellas. Yeah i nthink the 240z is the way to go. I guy that i used to no had a 240z, and he said its one of the best cars he's driven. he reccomends it aswell. also, is there a large range of like front-bodykits for the 240z's?

Thanks again guys

Cheers Ben-o

Doing some searching will drudge up a massive amount of information on the L28, its potential, design, setup's, whatever ya want.

Same for body kits and lips and such. Several exist, some look good, some look stupid (imo). A search will pull up many many many threads relating to a huge assortment of them, many with pictures and such so you can get a good idea what they look like on your vehicle.

Welcome to the site. It owns.

Guest mechanic-man

thanks. yeh i wanna get as much info on the L28's as i can before i go out and start buying n building n all that.

Yeah some of the body-kits i seen look really good and others look treal bad.

Do you no any websites with su=ome information on the L28?

Cheers Ben-o