HybridZ

fuel system question for nitrous

spork

Okay, I purchased a used nitrous kit with all the safeties (low fuel pressure switch, window switch etc.) and am wondering whos running a stock tank setup and running dual pumps? I'm currently pushing right at 500hp on boost and am using the walbro255hp inline pump on my 280zxt. Looking at flow charts and so on, I think my pump is going to be running out of juice if I try to tie a nitrous system into it as well. I'm thinking of eventually running a 125shot, but starting with a 50 or 75. It seems like everyone would recommend a seperate fuel system to do this right. That leads me to another question. If I don't go the route with 2 fuel systems, how would my nitrous and fuel jetting react with varying boost pressures also changing my fuel pressure. Would the car be lean till full boost because of less fuel pressure to the fuel jet? If so, then thats all the more reason to go with a seperate fuel system. I'm thinking 2 pumps, one acting exactly like it is now, and the second one going to a seperate regulator and fuel solonoid then a seperate fuel return line as well? Or could I just upgrade my exsisting fuel return line to a larger one and tie them together? As far as the regulator goes, what kind of fuel pressure would be ideal to run to the fuel jet? Do I just pick a nice round number and adjust the jet accordingly? Sorry for all the questions guys, nitrous is kind of a new territory for me. I understand how the basic system works, but need help with details.

• 4 weeks later...

what i plan on doing is runnin a splitter off one one pump. and a seperate regulator and lines and all that jazz. my suggestion is this. split the fuel line at the tank before the pump, run a holley red, or blue at 7 psi, and a regulator. and fire the nitrous off that. that way your engine isn't going to be runnin out of fuel due to the pump. but this also leads to a possible restriction at the tank itself. just food for thought