HybridZ

Need help V3 board - Extra code

HB280ZT

HI All,

Well I have been at this for a few days now and everything works nice up till I got to step 65 when it talks about high-current ingition. What I would like to do is the following:

V3 board non-MS-II

MSnS-E

MSD-6BTM

82 turbo distributor

82 turbo motor with mostly stock parts

So how do I move forward on this build?

The assembly instructions says to go to MSnS-E site but I could not find what I thought I was looking for, instructions on how to install the high-current ingition circuit. Any help would be great!!

Also a very stupid question. How do I find out what code was loaded on my chip set? I asked for the Extra code when I ordered it from Glens Garage.

Thanks.

HB280ZT

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/setup-msns.html

Scroll down to:

Dumb modules / VB921 IGBT - preferred method

That's what you need to do to build it. This method requires no HEI module, yet I beleive only one person on here has gotten it to work, and the spark was weak.

I'm gonna try this for my board, but this won't happen till the summer when I come back from school.

Mario

Mario,

Thanks for the help. Now if I can find out who else got this to work and what they did it would really help. As for the spark I will be using the MSD to control the spark so it should help but we will see. I am about 1 to 1 1/2 months away from trying this so until them I just need to get more information so that when I try it I will be as ready as one can be.

Thanks

HB280ZT

i'm sure you are aware, but the 82 dizzy you are using is an optical pickup, so that's one option you need to select.

i got my car to run off of the vb921, but after about 15 to 20 minutes the spark got weak and eventually stopped. Probably something could have been done to allow the vb921 circuit to work, but I didn't mess with it. Instead I just bypassed the vb921 and wired the ignition straight to pin 36. From there it goes to the GM HEI module as in Moby's instructions. So far no problems, and a stronger spark than the vb921.

Just out of curiosity, why use the boost timing retard module? If Megasquirt will be controlling your ignition (which it can do) it seems pointless, and confusing to also use the MSD-6btm. As far as I know, the MSnS-Extra code can retard and advance the ignition timing all you want. ??

trippintl0,

Well for starts I have been running with the MSD-6BTM for about 4 years now and I like it. Also if you were having a problem with a weak spark the MSD should take care of that.

As for the optical distributor I was planning on using it because that is the way that I have been setting up the MS-1 V3 board from the start.

Now I just need to get back to working on the board one of these days but now that I am back at home I have to many things to do on my car. Oh well I will get it finished in due time. So if anyone has any more good information or questions please let me know.

HB280ZT