HybridZ

Clutch gone dead...

oinojo

sorry im just ranting because im so pissed... well anyways, i bought a clutch from autozone early october (stock clutch l28et/ beck arnley<---i think thats how you spell it) and after 580 miles its starting to slip bad. I dont see how it could be especially since its new. I installed everything as carefully as i can (no grease, threadlock...etc). Oh and to make things wierder, i havent even hooked up my turbo setup yet. I have my carbs on it to break it in.

has anyone had issues with faulty clutches before? any from autozone? could i have a clutch not meant for my application?

i have already talked to autozone about it and they keep telling me my warranty was already expired (90 days) even though i installed it 2 weeks ago. Also kept saying i installed it incorrectly. Perhaps i did, but im 98% sure i didnt. *sigh* end rant...

Is the pushrod at the slave cylinder adjustable and is the release point in the pedal very high? You may have a too-tight adnustment. Did you change anything else like the release bearing/collar or pressure plate to go with the disc?

Is the pushrod at the slave cylinder adjustable and is the release point in the pedal very high? You may have a too-tight adnustment. Did you change anything else like the release bearing/collar or pressure plate to go with the disc?

yeah the release point is fairly high on the clutch. I did replace everything (clutch set matched)...