HybridZ

RB25 Plans

Kraker_Jax

Purchases a RB25 from my friend and he's helping me get the tranny for it also. I was going to buy the motor mounts from 240Z_Master. Now I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Which driveshaft do I need to use? Can I use a stock driveshaft out of an auto 260Z? Not sure if the auto and manual driveshafts are different, or maybe the driveshaft from a manual 280Z?

I plan on also getting a 300ZX VLSD later on and believe those are a different length, a shortnose as opposed to the long nose, so I'll need a new driveshaft for that yes?

Just trying to put everything in place, thanks for the responses!

Purchases a RB25 from my friend and he's helping me get the tranny for it also. I was going to buy the motor mounts from 240Z_Master. Now I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Which driveshaft do I need to use? Can I use a stock driveshaft out of an auto 260Z? Not sure if the auto and manual driveshafts are different' date=' or maybe the driveshaft from a manual 280Z?

I plan on also getting a 300ZX VLSD later on and believe those are a different length, a shortnose as opposed to the long nose, so I'll need a new driveshaft for that yes?

Just trying to put everything in place, thanks for the responses![/quote']

I am doing a similar thing, and i plan on getting a custom one piece d/shaft built using the front piece to suit your trans and the rear piece to suit your diff and basically welding them to the correct lenght piece of tube in the middle, pretty straight forward for a shop that does this sort of thing.

No one makes a drive shaft specific to a RB Z swap. It will have to be a custom piece. You will need to bring your saft to a fabricator along with the appropraite flanges/yolks, and measurements.

VLSD's can be a pain, you can use a 86-89 Cluch LSD. It's a long nose diff, so the install will be easier. And yes any time you change the distance between the tranny and the diff a new shaft will need to be made.