HybridZ

MSnSE Hall/opto & VR Choices

Lvcien

I'm pretty new to this megasquirt stuff, but willing to learn. I'll be using this in a 280z with a ZXT engine. I'm going to purchase a preassembled kit

Probably from:

http://www.rs-autosport.com/

This website states:

Choose "Hall/opto" if you're using a Hall sensor as a trigger or if you're triggering off of a switched ground lead on a coil. Choose VR if you're triggering off of a VR sensor, such as the one in a GM distributor.

I'm not sure which one I'd choose -- I know I'd be using an upgraded ignition system, and I know I'll be running alot of boost.

Any advice? & Yes, I intend on reading all the documentation later tonight, I'm currently at work, on break and don't have time too just this second :)

• Administrators

First off. RS Auto sports does a REMARKABLE job of building the MS controllers. I just ordered an MSnS-E V-3.0 with the Relay board, universal harness, sensors, relay board-controller cable, etc, and had them set up my MSnS-E controller to run the EDIS-6 distributor-LESS ign for my F-prepared Solo-II L-28 powered 240 Z. The controller itself arrived yesterday and words can’t describe my feeling on the quality of work they do. First rate through out. You are making a good choice having RS-Auto sports build your MS for you.

As for which ignition trigger you need, that’s up to you. Get with “Mobythevan” and he’ll steer you in the right direction for your boosted L-series. He seems to be VERY MS savvy. If you were running N/A I’d recommend the Distributor-LESS EDIS-6 system, but not sure how the EDIS system works on boosted application….

In fact, just this morning I finished roughing in my crank trigger mount assy on the engine and posted pics here..

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103781

I’ll update tomorrow afternoon with more pics of the final painted assy, looks way nicer than what it posted currently.