HybridZ

Put the tranny back in the Z31

Chaparral2f

First some background. I put my tranny back in today, and only had to take it out twice. The first time the converter slipped foreward and wouldn't go back into the front pump. So I took it down and sat it on the floor and it slipped right in.Oif course I had to lift it back onto the floor jack. I'd forgotten just how heavy a th350 with the converter full of oil is. Anyhow I hoisted it back into position and it slipped onto the dowells on the engine. In practically no time I had the bell housing bolted up and one bolt started on the torque converter. Then I pryed the engine ariound using the patented screwdriver method and started the next converter bolt. When I turned the flexplate to start the last bolt I snapped ta couple of teeth off the ring gear. I went in to the local parts store and asked for a flexplate for a 1983 chevy 350 chevy engine. Now for the shocking part. The kid working behind the counter didn't ask what athe engine was in and even more shocking was that he went in the back and came out with the right part!!! When he didn't say "We'll have to order it from Portland", I knew that my life was complete and now I can die a happy man.