HybridZ

Spent some time wetsanding...

240hoke

jt1 - sounds cool hopefully the z will be up to the drive we will see!

mikeatrpi - Im using a milwaulke buffer. I really like it, it has a variable speed dial right on the grip for easy adjustment... here is the link for it http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product3_27_40027_-1_284390_281165_189342_362

BWrex - Thanks alot on the hood thing wasnt sure it was gonna work out but i think it flows well.

The control arms and t/c rods proved to be very nice for adjustment, both being super easy to adjust. The camber being more of a pain, just took a little more time since they had to be unbolted. T/C rods were super easy to adjust, by hand no less, and seem to have plenty of adjustment. I am running just a hair more caster then stock. The heim jointed front is suprizing nice and smooth when going down the road, but make no mistake it is not for the feint of heart. Every crack and pebble in the road you will be able to feel, line markings are even transmitted. It is very tight though, and feels like its on rails. I love it but I have yet to push the car or really test it out fully. I have much learning and time that needs to be spent adjusting and setting up the suspension.

Mike - thanks again im going to try the different grits on the back and see how it turns out, the outcome of that will determine weahter i tackle the front again :(. going home tomarrow to give it a shot, ill let ya know what happens.

Is a DA (Dual Action, right?) Sander the same as a Random Orbit sander?

Beren: No. DA is (like you suggest) dual action. It spins (like a grinder) and orbits. A random orbit sander (jitterbug) simply orbits. Here's a link to National Detroit's web site showing the original DA

http://www.nationaldetroit.com/tools/tooldetail.aspx?model=DA

One thing to note is the spinning action is not directly driven(in most cases), it simply freewheels from the orbiting action. They seem to work really well for automotive refinishing and are the standard of the industry. Here's a link to the Hutchins web site. They make (IMHO) the best DA sanders for automotive work

http://www.hutchinsmfg.com/products/standard.html

One thing to note, if you are going to use a DA to sand before buffing, be super careful not to catch a speck of sand under the sander. You'll drag it around and scratch your finish all up. Additional sanding will be required to remove the scratches and you may break through the clear coat. I always prefered to do it by hand with a running water hose and wet paper wrapped around a sponge pad.