HybridZ

GM CLT sensor

trwebb26

I know some of you are running the GM CLT sensor with your Megasquirt setups. I have purchased this sensor, but it does not screw directly into the stock thermostat housing. I'm curious about what you did to make the sensor fit. Pictures would be GRRRRREAT.

I think I'm going to drill and tap out the thermotime sensor (the one on the front of the housing... on the drivers side) hole bigger to accept the sensor and plug the rest.

Thanks,

Tim

I considered doing that... but the sensor part isn't in the "flow" of the coolant. I've been reading on the megasquirt forums trying to figure out if this is a big deal or not. Obviously the way you've done it would be the most simple, but I'm a bit concerned about water not flowing around the sensor leading to inaccurate readings. Thoughts?

So the only coolant that the sensor sees is the hot water from the turbo... I don't know if that is a good thing either. It probably doesn't really reflect the temperature of the water running through the engine (water from turbo probably not the same temperature as the water from the block).

Just a thought, but I am using the stock cylinder head temp sensor instead of a coolant sensor. The only problem with this is that these temps get much higher than the water temps and make the warmup enrichment a little more difficult to tune.

-jeremy-