HybridZ

A few questions...microtech, clutch, flywheel, etc...

Guest ON3GO

Got the Z running with the microtech today.. what a bitch!

couldnt get spark for 4 days, i messed with something some how and all of a sudden i got spark haha.

i think the dizzy timing is off so i gotta move it a tooth over or so.

few coolent leaks, no oil leaks.

Microtech guys.. what are you doing for the laptop software? i got the 1.1 beta ver from microtechs site but for some reason it wont work on my ECU.

(LT8 btw). the handheld works fine, the laptop i can get a connection but cant do anything else.

any ideas?

car keeps flooding out like mad, 370cc injectors (all firing, none stuck open), walbro 255lph pump, 8an lines, a-1000 fuel pressure regulator, 2 fuel filters, jsk rail. i messed with the fuel pressure but still no matter what it floods.

ill play with the pulse with but what do some of you guys have your settings on...

FLYWHEEL!!!! i ordered a spec stage 4 clutch and spec turbo alum flywheel.

NOW i had a turbo clutch and flywheel in the Z before, i have the turbo starter too. NOW the starter only grabs sometimes, spins, then grabs then CRACKKKKKKKKKKKK, then spins. i SO hope i dont have a n/a flywheel with turbo clutch. but what if i do?

can i just use a n/a starter and be okay?

with this not work?

i searched but didnt really find anything with using a n/a flywheel (which i hope i dont have) and turbo clutch and starter.

besides that nitrous is on its way and i hope to have it 100% done by friday!

mike

hmm i think i figured out the flywheel problem

tell me if you guys think this is right.

the plate between the trannt and engine is powdercoated.. nice and thick too.

i think since its thicker the starter isnt touching the flywheel all the way.

i mean if it is a 225mm flywheel then wouldnt the starter not even touch it at all?

any ideas?

mike

You are probably getting way to much fuel from the injectors...it is probably set up for the factory setting. I had the same problem with my 555cc injectors...if you go to the setting for Mixtrm on screen 30 you will have to reduce that value, which will perform a blanket reduction over the entire fuel map. The motor should start to smooth out as the mixture leans out.

Got the Z running with the microtech today.. what a bitch!

couldnt get spark for 4 days' date=' i messed with something some how and all of a sudden i got spark haha.

i think the dizzy timing is off so i gotta move it a tooth over or so.

few coolent leaks, no oil leaks.

Microtech guys.. what are you doing for the laptop software? i got the 1.1 beta ver from microtechs site but for some reason it wont work on my ECU.

(LT8 btw). the handheld works fine, the laptop i can get a connection but cant do anything else.

any ideas?

car keeps flooding out like mad, 370cc injectors (all firing, none stuck open), walbro 255lph pump, 8an lines, a-1000 fuel pressure regulator, 2 fuel filters, jsk rail. i messed with the fuel pressure but still no matter what it floods.

ill play with the pulse with but what do some of you guys have your settings on...

FLYWHEEL!!!! i ordered a spec stage 4 clutch and spec turbo alum flywheel.

NOW i had a turbo clutch and flywheel in the Z before, i have the turbo starter too. NOW the starter only grabs sometimes, spins, then grabs then CRACKKKKKKKKKKKK, then spins. i SO hope i dont have a n/a flywheel with turbo clutch. but what if i do?

can i just use a n/a starter and be okay?

with this not work?

i searched but didnt really find anything with using a n/a flywheel (which i hope i dont have) and turbo clutch and starter.

besides that nitrous is on its way and i hope to have it 100% done by friday!

mike[/quote']