HybridZ

Somebody talk me out of this PLEASE

Collectindust240Z

Okay, I have my new motor in... and it hits me, "do I really want to deal with this again?" I just put together a F54/P90 combo withthe head shaved & shimed, 480/274 cam, tripple dellortos, and I just lost interest. I'm seriously thinking about converting to a SBC. I've been fighting this decision for the last 8 years and I think I finally lost. I think it's because I have to look at my boss' 700hp procharged nova every day.

Okay, I have my new motor in... and it hits me, "do I really want to deal with this again?" I just put together a F54/P90 combo withthe head shaved & shimed, 480/274 cam, tripple dellortos, and I just lost interest. I'm seriously thinking about converting to a SBC. I've been fighting this decision for the last 8 years and I think I finally lost. I think it's because I have to look at my boss' 700hp procharged nova every day.

ehhh, for nostalgia purposes i would

a 700 hp nova is effin great for bustin buns in a straight line, but when it turns, thats where it falls on it's face, and the driver of the z car goes screamin by.

or you could sell me the carbs

either one

lol

HAHA, that is what I was thinking about, with 700 hp, you could straighten a few turns. As much as I love the Z. Against a 700hp car, it would loose horribly everywhere I think even against a slug in the turns.

Do you want people stopping you saying, ``thats a nice Chev mate, haven't seen that model before.''?

Sod that! Of course turbo adds complexity and cost, but the look on peoples faces when you say, yeah, still an L-series, is priceless. :) How much would it cost to build a 500hp SBC?

Dave

If you are a true Hybrid Z'er...you will regulate the L6 Z to rhe yard and forget about it with plans to finish. Buy a new Z completely rusted out and tear it down and put it on a rotessire for 5 years to cure dry (an alternate form of rust removal) while you are looking for and buying V8 and tranny (buy one of each) and while you are at it...................redo the suspension 14 times There is no medication for this. You shot your load! ................re-coup and saddle up again ......It is kind of like sex with a car.Read the posts above... ie they are all encouraging various forms of foreplay. I am encouraging On3GO to experiment with pshchotropic medication in hopes of a cure..He is young and will survive any adverse side effects... We could approach a drug manufacturer with a group buy. After 100 posts you are Certifed Insane

I've been screwing around with this thing for the last 8 years. Well, it's been sitting for about 5 after an electrical fire. It's all re wired w/ a painless (yeah right) kit and the motor and tranny are in and almost plumbed. Now the only thing left to do is everything.
Screwing around for 8 years ? Most marriages do not last that long. Finish it....no premature eZaculation Get a hold of yourself!!!!!!!!!

I do have a hold of.....uh, um ... disregard that last statement...:redface: This thing is making me crazy. I have this wildy scued peception of speed. My boss is to blame with his stinkin Nova and pushing towards the chevy camp. I guess it'll be pretty quick, the Z, with the 3:90 R200 I have, but I hate to do things twice (pretty funny to say, since I've done everything at least 5 times).

Finish it......................just make it easier to locate the SBC parts for later install. My GTO project is going together with an L6 and being built suspension wise for a V8. Looking for a V8 for it since day one http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=8223&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Guest 73Turbo240z

ya know... turbos may add complexity and cost to an L6, but i can tell you 1st hand...

there is NOTHING like popping the hood, and having people be thoroughly confused on what your engine is...

or further more, then lining up against there 8 slug motor and just absolutely ripping it a new *******... and then theres the sound of a straight 6 at full song... man o man.

Well, I spent some time it tonight and actually got it running! I still have no radiator in it so I ran it for about 5 seconds of so, but it did run and idle. I'm pretty excited again. Sounds pretty nasty with no exhaust on it. I have to go do some work in Florida next week, but hopefully I'll be able to drive it around the parking lot the week after. I'll have to post some pics soon. It's hard to believe how ugly this thing has become. That's what hapens when it sits for 5 years.

Guest tony78_280z
If you are a true Hybrid Z'er...you will regulate the L6 Z to rhe yard and forget about it with plans to finish. Buy a new Z completely rusted out and tear it down and put it on a rotessire for 5 years to cure dry[/u'] (an alternate form of rust removal) while you are looking for and buying V8 and tranny (buy one of each) and while you are at it...................redo the suspension 14 times There is no medication for this. You shot your load! ................re-coup and saddle up again ......It is kind of like sex with a car.Read the posts above... ie they are all encouraging various forms of foreplay. I am encouraging On3GO to experiment with pshchotropic medication in hopes of a cure..He is young and will survive any adverse side effects... We could approach a drug manufacturer with a group buy. After 100 posts you are Certifed Insane
:iagree:

After 100 posts you are Certifed Insane:hail: