HybridZ

SWP fuel gauge question

Silent

alright, got all my gauges in, but my speedo, still trying to figure out how to do that without spending 100 bucks.

anwyays, the fuel level gauge, when i got the gage it had some sort of resistor on the back of it. no biggie, hoked the wires up, gauge no movey. alright, so i took the resistor off. gauge moves, gauge moves to 3/4, then moves to full. now i know for a fact i had half a tank in the car before i started this.

the yellow wire on the back of the stock gauge is the wire i used for the sending unit in the tank, "said unit on the back of thes tock gauge, so i gave it a shot"

now, do i need to hook that resistor up? for the simple fact if i take a corner, IE right had turn, the gauge drops really fast to half, where ina sense is supposed to be, or left hand it jumps over full.

the gauge is a 73-10 gauge {closest to dastun}

did a search, and came up with autmoeter crap. called a buddy of mine who has a fuel level gauge from the same company, but his didn't have a resistor.

orrrrrrrrrrr

could i vari the voltage going from the gauge to the sendor with a variblae resistence dealy bob {poteniaometer, yes i suck at big words}

all my other gauges read fast and damn accurate {tach is great!}

im not looking forward to tearing my dash apart again to fix the gauge, but if it needs that resistor. im willing to do it. and i understand that it will be an 1/8th of a tank off in reading. no big deal.

HELP!!!!!