HybridZ

Funny noise from oil return??

Guest 240hybrid

Guest 240hybrid

It's been a while since I posted....I'm having a funny problem with my L28et(freshly built by Sunbelt). I have no problems with the oil return hose disconnected, but as soon as I put the return hose onto the outlet from the turbo, a strange pprrrhhh noise (almost like a siren or buzzer) occurs about every 2 seconds when first started and every 5-10 seconds if the motors warmed up. Kind of sounds like a valve of some sort leaking air. I'm almost 100% that its not the BOV or wastegate....sounds like its coming from the return hose itself after its hooked back up. I checked all of my IC hoses/boots too.

I thought that maybe it has to do with crankcase pressurization. I'm gonna pull the return hose tomorrow and make sure nothings restricting it. Just figured that I'd see if anyones ever heard or seen this before...I never have.

Chase

Guest 240hybrid

Problem solved....I removed and checked all the hoses that deal with ventalation (valvecover/PCV/oil return) and cleaned all of them. I'm not sure which one fixed it, but I'm glad to be rid of the noise.