HybridZ

questions; z31 digital dash

AK-Z

Is there a way to adapt a 300zx digital dash onto a 280z? Would I only need the dash and the harness?

I already have a 280zx digital dash but speedo only reads up tp 85mph.

Is there a way to have it read higher? could I somehow swap the chip that causes this with one out of a 300zx digital dash?

You'd probably need every sensor from a Z31 transplanted as well, door switches, oil pressure s.u., water temperature s.u., speedometer, fuel tank sending units (there are 2 back there!) So you are looking at a lot of the wire harness from end to end. 300ZX Digital dashes are up on ebay every week, as well as parts and services to repair them.

Good luck!

• 8 months later...
Guest GPElite

I realise that this is a very old post, but I have been researching swapping parts and I wanted certain digital components from dash platforms such as the Z31 the c4 corvette and chevy s10 digital dashes to be incorporated into my z32.

Are we saying that implanting z31 sensor's I could send the correct information to a readout? What else is needed in a purposed z31 component being used to monitor a z32 function.

Do I need an ECU or just the sensors? Any further info would be of great help, and any info the way the z31 relays information to the readout would be appreciated