HybridZ

Who has had there digital dash removed?

AK-Z

(280zx)Who has had their digital dash removed? I have one and the jaguar gear to have it read mph in kmph. I need to know what the dash hook up to directly. Does it connect to a power regulator module like the 300zx version? I have the warning module and the voice module also.

Yes that would help tremendously.

What I need are the Colors of the wires coming from the plugs that attach to it.

From looking at mine, I see a black 12 pin (2x6) plug and a pigtailed 10 pin (2x5) plug. Reason why I asked if it hooked up to anything like a "computer" of some sort or something that I didn't have, to have the dash working properly is because I only have the dash (dash), the voice warning module (little black box 2x10 plug), the warning module (stamped sheet metal box two 2x5 plugs) right now. The 300zx version had to have a power modulae and the proper ecu in order for the dash to work.

I don't think I need the 2x5 plug becaus I know thats just for the little status lights. If you can, can you get me the colors of the wires leading to the 2 other modules (pictures)? thanx

OK,

Here is a pic of the back of the drivers side dash.

DSC00007.JPG

And three closeups going left to right

DSC000081.JPG

The black 12 pin connector has YW YL NC GB B GW across the top and

BR RL G Y YL Y across the bottom. Y=YELLOW W=WHITE NC=NO CONTACT G=GREEN B=BLACK L=BLUE R=RED

DSC00009.JPG

DSC000101.JPG

There is a 10 pin white connector on the left and a 10 pin black in the middle. If you can't see them clearly enough let me know.

That small black connector in the center of that pic is a 12 pin and is the one I listed above - YW YL NC GB B GW across the top and

BR RL G Y YL Y across the bottom (left to right).

Funny, that left-most bottom wire looks brown in the pic but my notes say black/red. I can doublecheck if needed.

Sorry, I don't know anything about swapping to analog. I pulled the dash out of my drivetrain donor for my s30 turbo swap because I was having trouble figuring out where the fuel pump and ignition relay wiring went. Nissan was pretty good about making things modular so my guess is that it will plug right in with maybe one or two small changes - of course figuring out the small changes will drive you crazy!