HybridZ

Clutch Selection Help

oinojo

hey guys, i need some information regarding the SPEC Stage 1 clutch.

this is my setup that i am running and im wondering if the stage 1 clutch would handle the lightweight flywheel. It says it can handle 267lbtq, but im still weary about it (since MSA recommends using a centerforce II clutch). Id rather run the SPEC clutch since ive used them before on other cars.

1981 280zx NA Flat top (10.5:1 CR)

N42 head w/ MSA head gasket

MSA 6-1 header

Dual S.Us Carbs

Fidanza Lightweight flywheel

P.S - oh yeah BTW this motor is in a 72' 240z

If its rated to 276 ft/lb, and your engine doesn't make more than that then thats a good sign. :) Although it is possible that this can reduce as time goes on and the clutch wears. Especially if the clutch gets hot and glazes, like from riding the clutch on a hill for example.

Why wouldn't it work with a lightened flywheel?

Dave

If its rated to 276 ft/lb' date=' and your engine doesn't make more than that then thats a good sign. :) Although it is possible that this can reduce as time goes on and the clutch wears. Especially if the clutch gets hot and glazes, like from riding the clutch on a hill for example.

Why wouldn't it work with a lightened flywheel?

Dave[/quote']

i just needed a clarification since MSA didnt post the torque specs on the Centerforce stage 1 and they dont recommend it with the lightweigh fly. for some reason.