HybridZ

Funny story about a Rabbit and a Cat

wheelman

My wife and I were out with some friends the other night when the subject of how our respective pets were doing came up. Our friends have had a pet rabbit for a year or so and they recently adopted a stray cat. Our friends have 2 young children (5, 7) and one day thier cousins were visiting so they had the rabbit out and were playing with it and the cat in the garage. Well to keep the rabbit from running off and getting under something they put it in an animal carrier along with the cat. Being young kids they got distracted and left the 2 in the carrier and started playing with other things. Not long afterward the oldest cousin (12) says, "Hey, listen, you can hear the cat making a growling sound.". The cat is emitting a low growl/moan and when the kids look in the carrier the rabbit (a male) is on the cat (a female) trying to "Make Babies". The younger kids have no clue whats happening and thinking the rabbit is attacking the cat, run to get Mom. When mom shows up she is horrified to find the rabbit "doing" the cat and separates them. The cat, seeing its opportunity, runs off with rabbit gism all over it. The kids examine the rabbit and find some blood on it but no apparent injuries. By this point in the story we are laughing so hard we can't breath. Once we had stopped laughing my wife askes the mom if she tracked the cat down and gave her a bath to which the mom answers "NAH, she just licked herself clean". I just about fell on the floor at this one, my stomach is still sore from it. Now whenever the cat sees the rabbit out it will jump up on something to stay away from it. Very agressive rabbit. Just imagine the memories that will be brought up at family gatherings in that house. "Hey Mom, remember that rabbit we had that was always trying to "do" the cat?". :) Wheelman