HybridZ

Upcoming MSnS projects (hemi...)

mobythevan

Mikes Projects:

1. Coming up next month Mike and I will be firing up a 2004 hemi for a street rod project that his dad owns. Looks like it will get fired up on the factory ECU and then fuel and spark will be converted over the MSnS. Should be interesting. He has been doing all the research on the engine, it does not have MDS. It does have 2 plugs per cylinder which would require an interesting coil configuration. The factory ECU also runs the auto tranny.

2. Mike also has turbos going on his sbc that is already squirted and he has an LT1 engine for swap into a 56 wagon. The LT1 will get MSnS hopefully in June.

My Projects:

1. I will also be installing MSnS on the Talon in March. The two projects should help bring me back up to speed on the 029 code versions of MSnS. I ordered my kit from Jerry yesterday. I am going to build a harness adapter so the megasquirt plugs directly into the factory harness at the ECU plugs and does not use a realy board, should turn out real clean.

2. The 34 pontiac with 454 is still moving along. I am at the point of attaching the camaro subframe, then I can set the engine in and start hooking up the MSnS on it.

So even though I am zcar-less right now there is no shortage of fun projects going on. I still want to experiment with water injection and knock detection on the Talon using MSnS. I'll keep you guys updated as each one comes online, should be a fun summer.

Actually all of them will be DIS. The talon of course is easy, its already set up for DIS with 2 coils, each running 2 cylinders. I bought an EDIS wheel that fits my supercharger crank pulley for the 454. We will use the same kind of EDIS wheel for the turbo sbc, and the LT1.

The Hemi, who knows yet. Have to see what kind of factory trigger setup it uses. That will will definitely be the fun/involved project.