HybridZ

Reconfig Cooling System for A/C

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am running a 350 V8 with TPI,700R4 auto with a 280z radiator with dual Chev Camaro fans (pushers)on my 1971 240z. Using manual override switch on fans. Works well even here in sunny San Diego. I want to install A/C and have a 280z condenser and heat exchanger. In order to use these parts I will

have to change my current dual cooling fan

set-up and will be lowering the effectiveness

of my radiator.

Question 1:Could I modify my dual fan set up

to work with the A/C and my 280z radiator?

Question 2: Which type of fan setup would be best?(a pusher or puller)

Question 3: Who offers a cost effective radiator that would cool my automatic and

still still work with an A/C exchanger up front?

------------------

There is a camaro radiator that will fit in the stock location. I believe it came on 4 and 6 cylinder camaros, and there is an auto trans version (for the trans fluid lines). I have part numbers on my site (http://240z.jeromio.com). It's not a direct bolt in, but it was a pretty easy swap.

There are 2 distinctly different camaro units though, so you have to be careful. The more common one is much too wide.

That radiator is fairly cheap, but the Griffin isn't that much more expensive. If I had it to do over, I would've bought the Griffin - much nicer looking and will perform much better. Summit and Jegs and a few other vendors sell various models.

------------------

240Z.jeromio.com