HybridZ

MS Wiring

HB280ZT

Hi All,

Well I have a few quetions that I have not found a good answer to yet. Here goes:

1 - Switched power - which will I need, run or a run/start switched power?

2 - should I use a relay to make a good power source switched power vice pulling it off of some wire within the old system?

3 - Wiring size for a MSD fuel pump, should I use the 14 guage wire that comes in the pre-made wiring harnesses or move up to a 10 guage?

Thanks for you .02!!

HB280ZT

Moby,

I thought it was run/start but just wanted clarification.

As for running power off of a relay, how would you do that?? Battery power needs to be there all of the time so how could you put it on a relay?

Switched power is just that switched battery power. So I am not sure what you are talking about here??

However, I am thinking about running switched power off of a relay that way I have a for sure 12v good current switched battery source.

Now I just need help with the fuel pump wiring question.

HB280ZT

I meant a relay for power to the megasquirt. So basically a run/start wire that goes hot when the key is in run or start position would turn on the relay providing power to megasquirt. The realy board for megasquirt provides this feature, but it would be easy to add in if you don't have the realy board. You could look at the relay board schematics to see how it is wired.

hope that helps

Moby,

I plan on running the relay board. Matter of fact I already have it on order.

Any thoughts on the fuel pump wiring? I still think that 14 gauge is not enough to power a high output pump.

Thanks for the help.

HB280ZT

Guest ON3GO

go bigger on the wire if you want, wont hurt anything.

i went bigger on mine, and alot other wires that i thought i needed it.

mike

Hi All,

Well I had all of my questions answered at a MegaSquirt Dyno day her in Virginia Beach, Va. Matter of fact there were people from all over to talk MS and to help out anyone with questions or tuning problems. Just to give everyone an example of who was there:

Glen from Glens garage

Philip from England, UK the guy that wrote the extra code.

plus a few from DIYAutoTune

So lots of experts with lots of informtion and advice passed alone.

Now I just need to get my car back together then I can see how the MS unit will work.

HB280ZT