HybridZ

Creating a custom interior.

Guest XXtaZy

Guest XXtaZy

I'm working on customizing my Z (as everyone else here). One of the things I want to change up is the interior. (especially because it's pretty much toast). I'm looking at different options from interior paints to vinyl inserts and so on. Looking for ideas.

I was looking at :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8049666664&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

But don't know how proven it is i.e. stand up to time and usage, can the seat covers be stitched w/o ripping, and being in Texas, will it stand up to the sun.

I had a friend of mine (the old pres of the houston z club) tell me about an interior paint that was really good.

I guess I don't know of any other options available, but that's why I'm here. What does everyone else use? What has your experiences been? Tell me the good and the bad. Mind I'm looking to do this in to a daily driver, so there will be a lot of getting in and out and taking road trips in it and so on.

In short I'm looking to color match the car ext. Probably a black and orange scheme or maybe blue and orange. (burnt orange) I currently have black interior which the pieces are in good shape (minus the carpet, so I'm going to have to look for that.)

Looking for something that I can do myself. Not trying to be cheap and save on labor, but I want to enjoy the fruit of my labor type of thing so when it's complete I can say I was the one that did most of my own work type of thing.

I think the paint you were mentioning was made by dupont. works well with vinel and leather.

If you want custom, like show car custom, then buy alot of card board. Most of those panels are made of wood fiberglass and bondo. All that isn't all that light either. If anything I say just get new seats or rehopolster(sp) them and remove some panels, to lighten up the car. anything to save gas lol.

Guest XXtaZy

Mostly just wanting it to look good to the eye but different than the next persons. Just different enough so it's easily known that it's mine. So probably not messin with the super car show custom. Just seen some of these kids that have some nice set ups inside.

Guest XXtaZy

BABY STEPS!!! haha.. I don't have fabercation skills like that yet. So just going to customize my own dash... Gotta crawl before I walk... Let alone run with the big dogs. haha.

yep! I am building an aluminium dash right now and it is going to weigh like 10 pounds with all of the guages and wiring. probably about a pound without all of that stuff. plus it will look a lot cooler than the stock dash.

I yanked the dash out of my 280z and weighed it without the guages, came out to be 25 lbs. Alot of weight for something that just holds your guages and vents.

As far as baby steps, change something with the seats. That the first thing you see getting into the car.

Guest XXtaZy

That's the plan bro. Kit's in the mail and car will be here Easter weekend. Hope to make something as nice as your pics. Shoot me some more to give me more ideas.