HybridZ

ls7 aftermarket block with sbc mounts

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3761976&postcount=37

just thought this was interesting, pretty impressive block

found this while snoopin round ls1tech. this way you could use the great jtr setup while using the advanced lsX technology

also it sais "dry sump not required" as though its a bad ting. I thought they used the dry sum in order to have the engine as low as possible

doesnt say the max power but I assume it far above 1000hp

btw- what is the stock short block rated at? how bout stock block with forged internals?

also it sais "dry sump not required" as though its a bad ting. I thought they used the dry sum in order to have the engine as low as possible

I always think it's funny how sellers spin stuff especially mail order catalogs. Biggest thing that comes to mind is JEG's distributors. One HEI says something like get rid of troublesome points and convert to electronic ignition. While the points distributor says something like get rid of your bulky HEI and convert to points. They're sitting there on the page side-by-side sometimes. It's up to you to figure out which is actually better.

im sure it would be

4000 for the block then probably another 1000 or more for machining, then come the actual internal components, then the heads ....

but at least you can sleep at night knowing your beast isnt gonna break down on you

2 points I really like about that block. The first, already pointed out, is the SBC motor mounts cast in. Something GM should had done with the LSX blocks from the factory knowing that they would become swap canadites and would have really helped selling crate motors even though they are sleep pretty good at night as it is. Second is the added head bolts, that was one of the LSX's weak links as the heads liked to lift when boost was present. I read about someones iron blocked LSX's that would lift the heads at the track and ballooned several radiators and they even ran blow off valves(yes you read that right) on the radiator hose to bleed off excess pressure when the heads did lift. That wasnt an issue with Gen 1 SBC's because of the 5 head bolts per cylinder vs the LSX's 4.

i dunno bout the extra head bolts on the intake side... they use little caps to seal off the holes on the heads. I wonder if those caps would leak under boost or maybe cause interference to airflow.

Plus just about every other engine on the earth only has 4 bolts per cylinder (except sbc)

im sure it would be

4000 for the block then probably another 1000 or more for machining' date=' then come the actual internal components, then the heads ....

but at least you can sleep at night knowing your beast isnt gonna break down on you[/quote']

new block, wouldnt need to be machined. put your new forged 427 rotating assembly in there with some new bearings and you are rocking... buy LS7 heads, intake and a monster cam and you are rocking.

new block, wouldnt need to be machined. put your new forged 427 rotating assembly in there with some new bearings and you are rocking... buy LS7 heads, intake and a monster cam and you are rocking.

A lot of aftermarket blocks come unmachined. I dont know about this one but some aluminum/steel sleeved blocks like this come with the sleeves sticking out a few thousands from the factory and require a machine shop to deck the block. I would also never buy a $4k block and assume everything is good to go. If I spent that much on a block it would be at the machine shop the next day getting blueprinted.