HybridZ

Got a 240 and a 280ZX

Guest sfm12

I will be building a 71 240Z. I already have a 72 Chevy small block, 327 crank, newer

target heads, hecho in Mexico, (don't laugh, everything I have I bartered or got free), 700r-4 tranny and a 79 280ZX for parts. I am planning on taking the brakes, rear end, half-shafts, springs, wheels, and air conditioning out of the 280. Can someone tell me if I am forgetting anything? The 280 is going to the wrecker within a week.

Thanks

Scot

I don't know if the brakes bolt up easily.

Do you have black interior components on the ZX and are they in good condition? How is the body? The vinyl is peeling off a few rear interior panels, and I have some rust behind the rear wheels, but there aren't any 280ZX's left in local salvage yards around here.

Guest Anonymous

if you plan on wrecking the 280, i would be intersted in buying the driverside rear quarter panel from you for a fair price (I'll even pay for s&H). as long as it is in good condition (no dents,rust or warps) if possible try posting a picture of the car, multiple angles please. I am sure you will make more money parting out what you dont want than just junking the whole thing. like i said i would be very interested in that part. mine is dented badly and starting to get a bad case of surface rust

Guest Anonymous

what about the rear quarter panels down low? mine are rusting by the rear wheel wells, and if yours aren't I'd be interested in getting them so I can weld them into mine. Thanks

sean

I have the same problem with my quarter panels. Lack of mudflaps I guess. The body filler someone put on is still holding the original shape, so I might be able to repair it with some sheet metal.