HybridZ

question on wiring megasquirt...

Mack

I got my 3.0 board built and tested. Im going to upload the MS&M_E code soon. I built the board with all options, except triggering off of the - side of the coil. I built the jumpers to use the OPTO input and also to allow coil control with the VB921.

I am going to be using a spare, stock 1982 EFI harness and just clip the ECU connector off and solder the proper wires to the DB37 connector. I plan on using the method found HERE to wire it up to a spare 280ZXT distributor I have laying about and run igntion that way. now, since Im not using an AFM anymore, I have a few extra wires I can use for the ignition stuff.

my question lies with the injectors, however... the stock system has 12+ running to the injectors all the time, through a fusable link. can i just leave them powered all the time and use the stock EFI relay to provide power to ONLY the megasquirt, seeing as how the MS unit just grounds the injectors to fire them?? I dont see a reason why this wouldnt work, but what I dont know about megasquirt Im sure could fill a room.

also, the fuel pump relay on my 1980 280ZX seems to be controlled by the ignition switch and has nothing to do with the EFI brain or harness. can i just leave it like that?