HybridZ

Wantanabe wheel choice

Hi Guys

I will shortlybe the proud owner of a 240z,my first and have a question about wheel sizes/offsets.

I am going to buy some deep dish R-type wantanabe's and was wondering what sizes will fit stock arches/ flared arches. will probably add the flare kit but would like to what my options are.

I would really like to fit 17's x8 all round and want the to sit just inside the flared arches. I can calculate the offset if some one with wider wheels has some detais. Also where do I order them from? I'm located in the Uk.

Any info would be a great help

Thanks!

No crap, use the search function!

It's a STICKY at the top of this forum. Did you even BOTHER to look at it or just register and post away.

SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH.

You don't have the car yet so I DOUBT you're going to buy the wheels (about $2400 US) prior to buying the car. So I guess you have a little bit of time to make your decision huh?

Lets move this to the TOOL SHED!!!

The 'Search' function won't help you much unless you spell 'Watanabe' correctly.

I suggest you start at the 'R.S.Watanabe' website:

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/

.....and this page specifically gives fitment information for the S30/S31-series Z both with and without ZG-type Overfenders:

http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/matching/nissan.htm

Should be some interesting and informative data for you there.

Good luck.

Yeah I guess the correct spelling would helpmy search results ;)

At least there is one person here that doesn't reply with a stupid smart *** remark! I pick the car up in 2 days, $2400 is not a lot of money....$ is very weak compared to the £

I did search and found a very little info on offset/wheel dimensions, I joined this group thinking people with similar cars/interest would be more than helpful...wrong! If its so hard to reply then don't bother, It probably takes more of your time to think up stupid tool shed remarks than it would to answer the question in the first place....Huh!!!

Anyway lets move this back out of the "tool shed" shall we and stop acting like kids in the playground!

I guess you Yanks can get some pretty good stuff out there, not much available in the UK

datman,

Don't make stupid comments about `yanks'. Instead, try to appreciate that people (not me personally) have put a lot of effort into answering these questions thoroughly and its quite a slap in the face to do that, then to have people not even bother to look for it.

I'm sure you'll agree that its harder to work things out and write them up in an understandable way than it is to click the search button.

You don't need flares, or coil overs for x8 rims. You will need the guards lipped though.

Dave

Dave I didn't make a stupid comment about a Yank, a yank made a stupid comment.

I take it you think I am trying to insult the guy by calling him a yank,I wasn't trying to. I lived in the Staes for a few years and think its a great place to live. I made a lot of good friends. I do appreciate any info given I just can't see the point in leaving a post "use the search" maybe "have you tried searching?" I would answer "yes and I didn't find what I was looking for, this is why I am asking the question". I thought that was the idea....to share knowledge to help others in the Z community.

Other members here seem to have no problem in answering my question without making assumptions. He assumed I hadn't searched and I assumed he was an *** ;) fair enough!

As for a slap in the face, how can you say that when I have thanked all those that bothered to help.

I do agree that is far easier to search and read..which I did, I then asked here as I don't want to spend a few thousand $ and end up with wheels so far in it looks like an E-type from the back..before anyone with an E-type gets upset and post a sarcy remark...I spent a lot of time sat in the back of one as a child and think they are great cars.

Flame suit on!

1. Generalisations in general (sic) are stupid, but I like being called an Aussie so I guess I'll overlook a POME's stupidity. J/K ;) Yank, POME, Aussie, Kiwi, Jap, whatever, no skin off my nose but I don't speak for everyone. As a new member I would think you'd be more tentative and a little more sensitive to potentially offending people.

2. Things will only be assumed if you neglect to mention them. A few words to the effect of: `I searched but couldn't find what I wanted', would've avoided this problem.

3. Welcome. :)

Dave

Guest Speedyblue

Sorry if I was rude.

You asked a bit of a noob question, about a big Brand name part, you didn't own a Z yet, plus I know that Watanabe's would cost me more than what my car is worth. All these things lend towards the impression that you could be a bit of a dreamer. I know the info is on the site, but I found it on the Watanabe site as well after looking for a few minutes.

Welcome to the site, and enjoy the Z.

Funny, I was thinking about this thread today after reading it last night about the posted answers and it rubbed me the wrong way, despite the fact that the questions have been answered before.

Datman didn't come across as a dreamer to me because he 1) used very good grammer and 2) took the time to actually write out paragraph to explain what he was doing and what he wants.

I think most people living in Europe or Australia are fairly serious about a Z car simply because they are so incredibly rare there. Let's give some people slack. FWIW, the one's I like to smack around are the turds that post in the worst grammer with no punctuation whatsoever :mrgreen:

Davy

I guess I have been a little boisterous in my remarks for a new member. I guess I've had one too many girlfriends,meaning I tend to snap at comments like "what if","you really should", "why haven't you" you get the idea :wink: .

The funny thing is I have had SR240Z's car as my screen saver for a while so it was very nice to actually here from the owner. I would hate to copy someone elses car but I'm having a hard time on this one!.

SOT here but why do women find the cars that men think are gorgeous, ugly? ....Lambo's, Lanica Evo, Audi quattro(rally) to name a few. I wonder if Lesbians like powerful looking cars? no offence to females that bat for the other side....Respect!

Thanks for the welcomes/Info